About Bey House

About Bey House

First built in 1864, Bey House is the crown jewel hotel of Veliko Tarnovo, visited by Royalty and celebrities worldwide. The property's history dates back nearly 160 years and is a living museum that showcases the many changes over the property's lifespan. Completely modernized and converted into a luxury property in 2021, Bey House now offers some of Bulgaria's best service, cuisine, and lodging. For the first time in Veliko Tarnovo's long history, the city has its first five-star establishment.

First used by the last Ottoman Bey (or Governor) of Tarnovo, The Bey's House was built by Ivan Penchev- a student of the famous Bulgarian Master Builder Kolyu Ficheto - and has seen many changes throughout its life. After the Bulgarian Liberation in 1878, the house became a private estate, where it was moved between private ownership and government ownership until the current owner bought the landmark in 2018. The renovations converted the previous estate into a much larger property while keeping the original stone walls intact from 1864, thus leaving the building as it appeared in its original glory when it was first built.

1864

Bey House is built by Ivan Penchev, who is a student of the great Bulgarian self-taught Master Builder Kolyu Ficheto, whose buildings are considered to be a national treasure. The specific tiling from red bricks, typical for the region, is used for Bey House as well, and it is considered to be invented by the talented and renowned master Nikola Fichev. ( Kolyu Ficheto).

1878

The Liberation of Bulgaria – the last Ottoman Bey of Tarnovo vacates The Bey’s House. The Bey’s House is purchased by Parashkevovi Family and used as their private residence.

1970s

The State nationalizes The Bey’s House and turns it into the Seat of the National Institute for Landmarks in Veliko Tarnovo. The building became a place for new ideas for architects like Teofil Teofilov and Iliya Lefterov, who helped revive the architectural wonder of Veliko Tarnovo.

1978-
1980

The Bey’s House is rebuilt. Only the supporting stone walls and the courtyard stone walls from 1864 remain.

1989

The Fall of the Bulgarian Communist Government. The first free elections are scheduled for the first time in Bulgaria.

1990s

The Bey House is given back from the State to its original owners, the Parashkevovi Family.

2000

The Parashekvovi family sells the building to the father of a member of parliament, Dimitry Yordanov, who inherits the property. He renovates the building into a small hotel.

2013

Bad management of the property leads to its abandonment, and the bank takes ownership.

2018

The property is purchased by Boris Blagoev, who is the current owner.

2022

The Bey’s House becomes Bey House Royal Hotel upon the ribbon-cutting ceremony by Their Majesties, Tsar Simeon II and Tsarina Margarita

In press

2022

Bulgarian

November

Великотърновски готвач ще участва в кулинарното риалити “Ястие на годината”

Bulgarian

November

Шеф Ивайло Иванов от Горна Оряховица кандидатства с пилешко и суджук, украсени със злато в „Ястие на годината“

English

October

Tsar Simeon II and Tsarina Margarita open Bey House Hotel in red carpet ceremony in Veliko Tarnovo

Bulgarian

October

Старинният хотел Bey House в Търново вече посреща туристи

Bulgarian

September

Борис Благоев, Bey House: Пътешествията по света и красотата на Велико Търново ме вдъхновиха да отворя хотел – да създам място, което събира положителните преживявания

Bulgarian

September

На 22 септември-деня на независимостта на България Царят и Царицата бяха на посещение във Велико Търново

Bulgarian

September

Цар Симеон II и Царица Маргарита откриха Хотел Bey House в България

Bulgarian

September

Борис Благоев, Bey House: „Пътешествията по света и красотата на В. Търново ме вдъхновиха да направя този уникален хотел“

Bulgarian

August

Bey House Boutique Hotel, Велико Търново

English

June

Bey House: Ultimate Luxury in Bulgaria's Royal Capital